Käokella terraced house
Timbeco manufactured and mounted a row house of a high level of completeness in Estonia.
The prefab elements of the exterior and interior walls of the row house were equipped in the factory with vent pipe feedthroughs and pipe feedthroughs for fireplace chimney. Also electrical piping and wiring devices. Installation of the feedthrougs helps to save time on the construction site. Installation of the pipe feedthrougs in the factory also ensures higher airtightness; it would be difficult and several times more time-consuming to achieve a comparable result at the construction site.
The prefab elements were also equipped with gypsum boards for interior finishing and heat-treated exterior lining in the factory. The advantages of a heat-treated lining are its resistance to weather conditions and the stable shape – the boards do not bend. Heat-treating prevents the spread of rot and mould in the wood.
A high level of completeness allows to save time on the construction site. It also increases the quality of the structures of the building, as all materials are manufactured and installed in dry conditions in the factory. The weatherproof row house was built in four weeks. On-site construction of the weatherproof house would have been up to three times more time-consuming.
- Location: Estonia
- Living space: 800 m2
- Number of apartments: 8
- Volume of timber frame elements: 3,000 m2
- Ordered readiness: house kit partly finished from outside, as seen on the pictures. Gypsum board installed inside.
- Prefabrication of elements: ventilation feedthroughs, fireplace chimney feedthroughs, electric accessories and wooden boarding installed to external wall elements in the factory. Gypsum plasterboard installation.
- Water, electrical, sewerage, ventilation works: no
- Foundation: no
- Architecture: from client